As I was reviewing the November editions of several medical spa and aesthetic journals to which I subscribe, I came across a very interesting survey. Aestheticians from spas across the country conducted this survey for patients and customers of theirs.
Among the questions asked in the survey, this one particularly stood out to me: ” If you could use only one product on your face, what would that one product be?” The answer may surprise you.
- “I don’t leave the house without a Vitamin C layer on my face.”
- “Vitamin C is the no. 1 thing all women should wear.”
- “Vitamin C brightens the skin and gives women the glow that everyone wants.”
- “My clients love the silky feel of C on their skin and how it absorbs quickly.”
- “I love Vitamin C because it gives me a radiant and hydrated look.”
As I have discussed in previous blog posts, Vitamin C skincare products are based on antioxidants that help protect the skin from free radicals. Free radicals are released in the skin as a result of exposure to damage from ultraviolet light and environmental pollution. Vitamin C acts to neutralize these free radicals before they cause further skin cell effects that accelerate aging.
The Vitamin C also helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles by helping the skin attract and retain moisture. This effect helps give the fresh hydrated look about which the survey responders raved, and is particularly important in the low humidity and cold weather of the winter season.
- C-Stem: One of our newest Vitamin C products, C-Stem reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and helps brighten the skin.
- Vita-C 20 Brightening Crème (Formerly known as Vita-C Day Crème): Leaves the skin feeling silky smooth, and brightens the skin by way of hyperpigmentation.
- Vita-C Peptide Spray: Boost sunscreen’s ability to protect the skin, and refreshes and renews skin.
- Obagi Professional-C Serum 20%: Highly concentrated serum best suited for normal or oily skin.
Click on the links above to view these Vitamin C products we carry and recommend here at Maine Laser Skin Care. If you have any specific questions about whether Vitamin C skin care products would be right for you, call Becky or Denise at (207) 873-2158.